Brenna Roberts ‘21
With Midterms looming on the horizon, stress is at an all time high. Many students will spend hours studying and preparing. Here at The Beacon, we have you covered with a motivational playlist with songs you know and love that will also help you stay focused!
According to an article from C|Net Health and Wellness, “Research on music for productivity is inconclusive, to say the least. Some studies show that background music can improve your episodic memory and overall cognitive performance, yet other research suggests that background music can actually be a detriment to your ability to focus and learn”. Take from that what you will, but if you are someone like me who enjoys background music and does not like quiet, this playlist will be perfect for you!
The playlist includes songs like:
- I See Fire by: Ed Sheeran
- Dreams by: Fleetwood Mac
- Back to Black by: Amy Winehouse
- XO by: John Mayer
- Sign of the Times by: Harry Styles
- All For Us by: Labrinth and Zendaya
- Pink + White by Frank Ocean
- &burn by: Billie Eilish and Vince Staples
- Mess is Mine by: Vance Joy
- It Will Come Back by: Hozier
And so many more. Good luck to all Warriors on their midterms!
Here is the link to the playlist: