Liv Faulkner '22 Associate Editor
Are you feeling stressed with midterms creeping up around the corner? No need to fret, we’ve got you covered! Check out my top 20 self-care tips below:
Self Care Tips:
- Buy yourself something you’ve been wanting for awhile! We’ve all hit some road bumps in 2022; you deserve it.
- Have a little get-together with friends!
- Call someone you miss.
- Do things you love!
- Make yourself/roommates a yummy dinner if you have a kitchen. No kitchen? Problem solved. Grab your favorite take-out. Even if the meal is only for you, you will appreciate the energy you put into making/grabbing that meal.
- Give yourself a spa night. Grab your favorite skincare products and go all out.
- Make that new recipe you’ve been dying to try.
- Wear something that makes you feel good.
- Take social media breaks when you need them. Putting your needs first is self-care.
- Stay hydrated. I know, it’s hard when you’re a college student constantly bouncing around from class, to meetings, to seeing friends and you want multiple cups of coffee, but make sure you are balancing that out with water too.
- Grab yourself your favorite beverage.
- Take a break when you need one. Don’t tire yourself out to the point of burnout.
- Snuggle up under the covers and watch your favorite TV series
- Get some exercise. It doesn’t have to be a full on workout, but a stroll outside will do wonders for your mental well-being.
- Write things down. The word “journal” is not for everyone, but even taking notes in the app on your phone about what you love about yourself, or setting goals is a great form of self-care.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Clean up! You will definitely feel better about being in your space once it’s tidy.
- If you need help, reach out to someone who can get you the help you need. It could be from a resource on campus, or a friend.
- Make a To-Do List
- Get enough sleep!
No matter how tough things may seem, remember to show up for yourself & be your own biggest supporter every day!