Becca Needleman ‘23
- Study… Study HARD! Making sure you are putting in the time and effort to excel in all of your classes is key. As much as you might be feeling burnout, you are almost done and it is important to end the semester on a good note. Put some time aside that you know you will have to study for your final exams.
- Things you can do to study: Create your own study guides, make Quizlet’s, watch informational Youtube videos, go to the Academic Success Center for help, reread all of your notes, or even find a study buddy.
- Stay organized, minimize distractions, and do not procrastinate. Having everything in order will help you keep up to date and make sure you are doing all your assignments. You need to be in an environment that will allow you to focus. Procrastination will only make things worse and make you stressed, be as proactive as possible!
- Office hours! Attending your professor’s office hours will not only help you prepare for exams or get questions answered for final assignments, but it will also show your dedication to the course.
- Consider using a tutor on campus. Never feel ashamed to reach out for help, that is what they are here for!
- Create a playlist to help you get your work done. Some people work better listening to music, others may not so much. If you are one of those people (like myself) that is motivated by music, I suggest making a playlist!
- Take breaks, and do not overwork yourself! Trying to cram too much in at once will not help you to stay calm or understand content.
- Self care! While you may feel like there is so much to do, there is always time to take care of yourself. Whether it be drinking water, eating three meals, getting enough sleep, being active or having social interaction… it is important for your mental and physical health to try to achieve all of these things.
Good luck, Warriors on your finals! We are in the homestretch.