Briana Alberghini ‘21
Associate Social Media Director
Do you think you need to pay hundreds of dollars a year for a gym membership or to take classes at a studio? Well, think again! There are plenty of free workouts that are just as effective using little to no equipment that will make you sweat. All you need is a designated space in your home, and you will be ready to go!
Don’t underestimate the power of at home workouts and try these (click on the name to view the video.)
- POPSUGAR Fitness: with access to celebrity trainers and hundreds of videos, you can’t go wrong with POPSUGAR Fitness. PS. Be sure to check their Instagram daily, they have been doing Instagram Live workouts every day!
Some of my favorite videos that will give you a good sweat are:
- 30 Minute – No Equipment Cardio & HIIT Workout
- 30 Minute Cardio- Boxing Workout
- 40 Minute Cardio Pilates and Strength Workout
- Blogilates: The creator and face behind Blogilates, Cassey Ho, is guaranteed to kick your butt in the best way possible (in under 20 minutes!) She has been on Youtube for years, so the videos available to you are endless.
Some of my favorite videos that will help you develop toned arms are:
- Chloe Ting: Chloe is known on the Youtube and Fitness community for her ab challenges. Even though I hate ab workouts, I will admit they are super effective.
Some of my favorite videos that will have your core on fire are:
- MadFit: The best of MadFit? All of the videos that Maddie Lymburner makes are designed to be done at home! All you need is a yoga mat (or a towel), and you will be ready to go!
Some of my favorites videos that will leave you sweating (in the best way possible) are:
- 20 Minute Full Body Workout
- 30 Minute Full Body Fat Burn HIIT At Home
- Low Impact Full Body HIIT Workout.
- Yoga With Adrienne: Adrienne does a great job at appealing to all levels of yogis. Whether you are just starting out or are an expert yogi, there is a video for you!
Some of my favorite videos that leave me feeling de-stressed and relaxed are:
- Check with local studios in your area! Plenty of studios/ certain instructors are offering free class offerings (that are normally around $18 a class) on Zoom, Instagram Live, or Facebook Live! This is a great way to get a little human interaction and enjoy some really awesome classes that you can’t find online.
Before ending this article, I would just like to place the importance of working out because you love your body, not because you hate it. Happiness comes from within, and if you can’t be happy with the body you currently have, you will not be happy with your new one. Move your body because you are lucky enough to be able to, not because you are trying to impress others and feel like it is an obligation. Working out has so many other benefits than weight loss. You will begin to feel less stress, be in a better mood, and have more energy to do the things you love.