Coordinator, The Merrimack Fund
This fall there is new initiative around campus about being Merrimack Proud, but what does being Merrimack Proud mean? It means a lot of things to people, whether it is volunteering at Mack Gives Back, cheering on the Warriors at sporting events, or working on cutting edge research with faculty. However, part of being Merrimack Proud is recognizing those that give back to Merrimack and personally giving back.
On November 13th the Mack Proud Council is sponsoring Mack Proud Day, where the community will recognize the impact philanthropy has on the current student experience at Merrimack. Tuition covers 76% of the cost of attendance; the remaining 24% of Merrimack’s funding comes from outside support which includes gifts from alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations. These gifts help fund the student life, academic and athletic programming that provides a distinct Merrimack experience.
The day will feature a social media contest where students can take a picture of themselves in front of the blue bows displayed on donor funded spaces on campus and use #MerrimackProud to be entered into a contest for AMEX gift cards, hockey tickets in luxury suites and spring concert tickets. Students will also have the opportunity to write thank you notes to donors, enjoy dessert and give back themselves. Donations by students that day of any amount help their classes’ participation (% of class that’s donated) to determine which class is most Merrimack Proud.
If you are interested in joining the council or would like more information please contact Jerry Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org