It all started in room 201 of O’Brien on January 31, 2015. It was the night before Super Bowl 49 (when the Patriots beat the Seahawks) and unbeknownst to Kay Ryder and Evan Vadenais, it was a night that would change their lives.
Ryder ’18 and Vadenais ’16 hit it off, and now, 6 years later, they are married. Their wedding ceremony took place on June 26, 2021, with 8 additional Merrimack College alumni standing up in the wedding and several more in attendance.
Here are some more Merrimack-related details about the bride, groom, wedding party, and guests:
- Bride: Kathryn (Kay) Ryder, Communication Studies ’18, Founder of Club Softball.
- Groom: Evan Vadenais, Computer Science ’16,Captain of Men’s Track and Cross Country.
- Bridesmaid: Taylor Inman, Human Development and Exercise Sciences ’18, Co-Founder and Vice President of Women’s Club Hockey.
- Bridesmaid: (left of bride) Kylie Chartier, Business Concentration with concentrations in Sports Management and Marketing ’18, Women’s Track & Cross Country.
- Bridesmaid: (far right) Hannah Tavares, Exercise Science ’18, Women’s Track & Cross Country.
- Groomsman: (far left) Phillip Harris, French and Spanish with a minor in Communication ’17, Captain of Men’s Track and Cross Country.
- Groomsman: (far right)Timothy Keohane, Accounting ’17, Men’s Track and Cross Country.
- Groomsman: (middle of back row) Mathew Galvao, Communication Studies ’17, Sports Editor for The Beacon
- Groomsman: (first in back row on the right) James Wegman, Business Marketing ’17, Marketing Director for The Beacon.
- Groomsman: Andrew Lefavor, History and Education ’17.
- Guest: Daniel Brien, Computer Science and Mathematics ’17, Men’s Track and Cross Country.
- Guest: Connor Murphy, Marketing and Sports Management ’18, Captain of Men’s Track and Cross Country.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!