1. Commuter student called to report she has been driving around for over an hour and cannot find a parking spot. Cameras were looked at and she was informed there are available spaces in the Church Lot.. Student was upset and wanted to know why the construction workers were able to take up a whole lot (Deegan West lot) and the students that pay need to hike to get to class.
2. Massachusetts State Police dispatcher called into Police Services to report they had a person on Merrimack Campus reporting a person unconscious in the road by Volpe. Officer reports a female student has been located that is in and out of consciousness with a pulse. North Andover Fire Department has been updated. North Andover Fired cleared the scene after medical refusal.
3. Area Coordinator called to report a suspicious odor on the first floor west wing of Monican Centre. Officer was dispatched to investigate. Marijuana paraphernalia confiscated.
4. Police Services received a report of a fight in C Tower. Officers were dispatched. Area Coordinator was notified. Officers spoke with residents of C second floor. No issues. Units clear.
5. Resident Advisor called for alcohol assessment on a 19 year old female resident student. Andover Fire Department has been notified. Andover Fire Department will transport student to Lawrence General Hospital.
6. Student called requesting an alcohol assessment for another student. Officers were dispatched to assist. Officer requests Andover Fire Department for an intoxicated 18 year old female who is semi-conscious. Officer reports that the student will be transported to Lawrence General Hospital.
7. Fire alarm rang into Police Services from St. Ann Apartment. Andover Fire Department is notified. Student called Police Services to report alarm is going off in her room. Officers are on scene and report a malicious pull. Andover Fire Department are on scene and panel will be reset.
8. Police Services received a call about a 20 year old male who has dislocated his shoulder in the Multi-purpose room in the Sakowich. Andover Fire responding.
9. Police services received a 5911 call from the Sakowich Campus Center in regards to a female student falling down and hitting her head in the Warriors Den. Officers report student has been transported to Lawrence General Hospital.
10. A nurse from Hamel Health called requesting an ambulance for student reportedly having chest pains since yesterday and shortness of breath. Andover Fire Department was contacted and are on route. Student was transported to Lawrence General Hospital.
11. Student has come to Police Services to report that his 2 front hub caps have been stolen off of his vehicle.
12. Town House Resident Advisor called to report a suspicious odor emanating from Salem Town House 1st floor. Unit reports confiscated drug paraphernalia and marijuana from student.
13. Merrimack College Police Services received a noise complaint in Deegan East. Responding unit reports confiscating alcohol and a fake ID.
14. Resident Advisor from Deegan East called for an Officer for a group of male students vandalizing the third floor. Unit reports no students located but there was a hole punched in the wall.
Area coordinator requests an officer to room to confiscate a bong.
RA requests dispersal of large crowd at the back of the Apartments. Officers were dispatched to area. Officer reports large crowd outside M tower, monitors crowd. Cleaning Supervisor calls to report suspicious male near Volpe. Officers dispatched to the area.
Deegan RAs request an officer for an alcohol assessment of a male student, and North Andover Fire Department requested to evaluate. Student signs a refusal and will stay with a friend.
Student says her friends found a female unresponsive in a vehicle parked in Lot 8B near the bridge. Officer requests Andover Fire Department for female non-student who is breathing but in and out of consciousness. Fire Department does not transport; female’s father drives to campus to pick her up.
Officer disperses a crowd of about 600 in front of St. Ann’s. O’Brien RA requests an officer for an alcohol assessment of male in front of building. Officers escort student off campus to his residence in Royal Crest. Officers respond to E Tower for a noise complaint. Party is shut down.
Monican RA calls for a suspicious odor in first floor south wing. Officer reports odor is possibly from fireplace.
Officer responds to Ash to speak with resident student and confiscates marijuana, paraphernalia and alcohol.
RA reports someone has written the names of two students with negative comments on the wall in the first floor south wing of Ash. Officers investigate and notify cleaners.
Officers observe two individuals in vehicle in Lot 8C loading alcohol into bags. Officers confiscate alcohol from students.
RA calls in a suspicious odor at Deegan West. Officer uses key to enter the room. No one is present, however it is clear someone was smoking marijuana in the room.
RA reports confrontation in third floor of O’Brien. Officer finds report is unfounded but returns to station with non-student female who has a revoked license and has been issued trespass notice for campus.
Resident student reports non-student female who was issued trespass notice the night before is in the cafeteria. Officers respond and arrest Monica Reum, and take her to North Andover Police Department.
Student reports his roommate passed out on the floor. Officers find student is unconscious and call Andover Fire Department, which transports student to Lawrence General Hospital.
March 28, 10:35 a.m. Theft
Police receive e-mail saying a ciborium (covered vessel holding hosts) was taken from the tabernacle in the church.
March 28, 9:35 p.m. Harassment
Parent tells police about harassing phone calls to student from an unknown number. Officer takes report from student.
March 29, 7:29 p.m. Breaking and entering attempted
Sodexo employee reports a possible break-in at the Volpe snack bar. Officers speak to the employee and determine it was an oversight, not a break-in.
March 29, 8:07 p.m. Suspicious odor
RA reported suspicious odor coming from room. Officer speaks to resident and determines report was unfounded.
March 29, 8:34 p.m. Injured animal
Student reports injured cat behind the apartments. Officer responds and police call Bulger Animal Hospital in North Andover. Student transports cat to emergency department.
March 29, 8:39 p.m. Suspicious activity
Student reports suspicious motor vehicle on Aherne Avenue. Officers speak to driver, who is waiting for her daughter to get out of class.
March 29, 9:05 p.m., Medical transport
Student seeks counselor for another student due to anxiety. Officer meets the students outside the Sak and transports both to the police station.
March 30, 6:40 a.m. Theft
Resident reports his Xbox and games apparently stolen from his room overnight.
March 30, 4:42 p.m. Minor(s) in possession of alcohol
Three individuals exiting a vehicle in Lot 8B were observed on camera, nervously looking around and rapidly unloading several bags from the rear of the vehicle. Officers spoke with the individuals, all of them under age, and seized a quantity of alcohol.
March 30, 4:47 p.m. Property reported missing
Coach reported his iPhone missing from his office in Volpe and he believes it was stolen. Officer takes report.
February 24, 12:20 p.m. suspicious odor
Caller reports odor of marijuana in Ash. Officer reports odor in the main lobby but not elsewhere in the building. Source undetermined
February 24, 9:30 p.m. motor vehicle crash
Officer reports apparent two-vehicle accident in Lot 6. One vehicle belongs to resident student but neither operator is present.
February 26, 2:55 a.m. disturbance
Monican resident student makes noise complaint. Officers ask student to keep noise down.
February 26, 2:48 p.m. fight
Officers remove two subjects from the baseball field. Both leave willingly.
March 3, 1:22 a.m. group dispersed
RA calls for an officer for crowd control. Officers disperse small group of students, some using snowballs.
March 3, 8:32 a.m. vandalism
Officer reports finding broken exit sign on second floor of Deegan West.
March 4, 1:11 a.m. arrest
Brandon Spinofa, born April 25, 1992, charged with assault and battery and disorderly conduct. Taken by sergeant to Andover Police Department.
March 4, 2 a.m. unwanted guest
Resident student requests removal of another student from residence. Student removed.
March 4, 2:04 a.m. disturbance
Resident student complains about two males peeping at her while she was in the shower. Officers report two non-students transported off campus.
March 6, 7:12 p.m. intentional damage
Physical plant observes a male possibly operating a blue Volvo cut the chain off the gate by Physical Plant. Officer speaks with complainant. Vehicle located on campus.
March 6, 7:46 p.m. suspicious activity.
Officer finds four males at the rear of Ash and sends them on their way.
1/23/2012 4:50 p.m., PARKING VIOLATION
After receiving a call from an athletic coach officers responded to the Volpe Complex Bus Parking area because there were vehicles illegally parked in the area where a team bus needed to park. The unit reported issuing two parking citations and two “Notice to Tow” stickers on the vehicles that were illegally parked in the Bus Parking Zone.
1/23/ 2012 8:19, ARREST
Officer conducted a MV stop on Walsh Way, MA. The operator of the MV, Michael Mccarron was served a notice of trespass on 11/19/2009. Lt. responded to Walsh Way to assist. Sgt. Placed Michael Mccarron under arrest for trespassing and transported him to North Andover police department.
1/25/2012 2:12 p.m., SUSPICIOUS ODOR
Received a call from RA reporting a suspicious odor on the 3rd floor around the area of rooms 316-320. Officer responded and was not able to locate.
1/25/2012 NO TIME, SUSPICIOUS ODOR
MCPD received a call from AC Paul Williams regarding a suspicious odor emanating from Monican 124. Officers responded and advised speaking with resident student. Drug paraphenillia and alcohol have been seized from the room.
01/28/2012 12:18 a.m., Arrest
Ofc. And CSO reported being out in front of Monican Center with (1) male resident. The Monican resident was placed under arrest for Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest.
01/28/2012 1:06 a.m., RES LIFE
An O’Brien Hall RA called P.S. to report a resident was on campus and in O’Brien Hall at the time. The resident is currently on the Weekend away list extended for him until 11 a.m. on Saturday 01/28/2012. Ofc and AC were dispatched and reported speaking with the resident.
01/28/2012 22:23, ALCOHOL
SGT. Reported being off with three individuals in front of Ash Center.
SGT. Reported speaking with students
Unit confiscated a large amount of alcohol from the students outside of Ash Center.
01/28/2012 23:09, SUSPICIOUS ODOR
RA John Ladino requests an officer for a suspicious odor in Ash first floor eat. Ofc. reports call unfounded.